Quickproject - create a Common Lisp project skeleton
Quickproject is a library for creating a Common Lisp project skeleton. It is available under a BSD-style license; see LICENSE.txt for details. The latest version is 1.2.2, released on October 1st, 2014.
Download shortcut: http://www.xach.com/lisp/quickproject.tgz
Quickproject provides a quick way to make a Common Lisp
project. After creating a project, it extends the ASDF registry so
the project may be immediately loaded.
* (quickproject:make-project #p"~/src/myproject/" :depends-on '(drakma cxml)) "myproject" * (asdf:load-system "myproject") load output
* (quickproject:make-project #p"~/src/websnarf/" :name "cl-websnarf") "cl-websnarf" * (directory #p"~/src/websnarf/*.*") (#p"~/src/websnarf/README.txt" #p"~/src/websnarf/package.lisp" #p"~/src/websnarf/cl-websnarf.asd" #p"~/src/websnarf/cl-websnarf.lisp")
The following symbols are exported from the quickproject package.
&keydepends-on author include-copyright license name template-directory template-parameters => project-name
Create the skeleton of a Common Lisp project in directory. If given, name is used as the name of the project. Otherwise, the name is taken from the last component in the pathname-directory of the pathname. For example, the last directory component of #p"src/lisp/myproject/" is "myproject".
The project skeleton consists of the following files:
- package.lisp — defines a package named after the project
- name.asd — defines an ASDF system named after the project, with a :depends-on list as given in the function call
If provided, the boolean argument to include-copyright will determine whether copyright notices will be printed in the header of each file.
If provided, each file in template-directory is rewritten with HTML-TEMPLATE into the new directory. The options are as follows:
- The template markers are (#| and |#)
- No escaping is done in template values
- Template parameters are created by appending template-parameters with the lists returned by calling each entry in *TEMPLATE-PARAMETER-FUNCTIONS*
After rewriting templates, each element in *AFTER-MAKE-PROJECT-HOOKS* is called.
After the project has been created, its pathname is added to ASDF:*CENTRAL-REGISTRY*, so the project is immediately loadable via ASDF:LOAD-SYSTEM.
This string is used to initialize the :author argument in the project system definition. The default initial value is "Your Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>".
This variable is used to control whether a copyright notice (with the author's name and the current year) should appear in the header of each file..
This string is used to initialize the :description argument in the project system definition. The default initial value is "Specify license here".
If non-NIL, this variable should be bound to a pathname used as the default value of template-directory in MAKE-PROJECT.
A list of functions that are called to produce template parameters when rewriting templates in MAKE-PROJECT. Each function is called with no arguments and should produce a list of keyword/value pairs. The resulting lists are appended together for use as template parameters in HTML-TEMPLATE:FILL-AND-PRINT-TEMPLATE.
The default value is (default-template-parameters).
A list of designators for functions to be called after a project has been created. Each function should accept one required argument, the pathname given to MAKE-PROJECT, and two keyword arguments, :name and :depends-on, which correspond to the name of the project (whether explicitly supplied to MAKE-PROJECT or derived from the pathname) and the :depends-on argument, respectively. *default-pathname-defaults* is bound to the newly created project pathname when hooks are called.
For questions or comments about Quickproject, please email me, Zach Beane <email@example.com>.